Monday, December 6, 2010

We had so much fun this weekend! We don't get much family time together, but this weekend we spent it all together. Now that my daughter is older, she has her own things she wants to do, mostly hanging out with her friends. I miss it when she is not around. Saturday was very busy. Every Saturday has to start with breakfast. We always meet my mother and brother out for breakfast. Nathan especially loves going out to breakfast because he gets his usual steak and cheese omelet (yes I know he has expensive taste, but he is a growing preteen). After a leisurely breakfast, the kids were off to play practice at our church. They love doing the Christmas children's play. They both are quite talented actors and singers. They both have great parts in this years play. Molly is 15, and she says that this may be her last children's Christmas play. I guess we will see!  This year the play is titled "Arrest these Merry Gentlemen". It is about a sheriff in Bethlehem who wants to keep the peace in the town but this peace is interrupted by a special birth. It is really cute. Molly has the part of the sheriff, and Nathan has the part of a truck driver passing through Bethlehem. Well after they had practice, we went to the craft fair at the High School. Lots of nice stuff there. I have to do that craft fair next year. The trouble is, I say that every year! One of these years I will do it! After a quick lunch, we were back at the church for choir rehearsal for the choir cantata. The kids have narrating parts and we are all singing. Once practice was over, we braved the mall. The kids did some gift shopping and I did some window shopping. They are almost done with their shopping. I still have a little bit to do.
The evening was fun as well. Molly went with my brother to see a production of  "The Messiah". Her friend was in it. Nathan and I went to my friends Christmas orchestra concert which was fabulous! Every other year I was working when she had her concert, so I was sure to make it this year. The only sad thing was that Bill wasn't feeling well so he didn't come with us.
Sunday we went to church. Bill was able to join us for lunch out. We did a lot of talking and laughing. Then we spent the rest of the day at home together.  Nathan tried a cream puff recipe, but they didn't come out as well as we would have liked. He is determined though to get it right by Christmas.  I have no doubt that he will. Our evening was spent together decorating the tree. I think that is my favorite part of decorating. It is a time of reminiscing for me. I look at all the ornaments I have and the memories behind them. I have a lot of handmade ones that the kids had made in years past, as well as ones given to us over the years, each one special and each one having their own special place of honor on the tree. Now its Monday morning and back in "busy" mode as a new week begins. Oh well, it was fun while it lasted.

No comments:

Post a Comment