Thursday, January 6, 2011

Well... Well...Well!

I love the beginning of a new year! I always find myself very productive in the beginning weeks before everything takes a tragic turn back to the way it was. I have been very busy in organizing my time and putting it to good use. I have not been feeling very tired so that helps a lot. My daughter Molly is going to paint my sewing room next weekend! Yay!! This is her birthday present to me. My birthday is in November, but we had to wait till mid January because she has been busy with school and school activities. I have been looking online and in magazines to find tips and ideas for decorating my room and better organizing it. I have alot of my supplies already organized in clear tubs which is a great thing. But the clutter in the sewing room will make it very hard to do any painting. So this week I have been doing more organizing of the clutter. I am at the point where now all I have to do is move all the furniture to the middle of the room so that she can start masking off the room and paint. That forced me to organize even more. I have put most of my material in one area of the attic stored in bins. I am not quite organized enough to say that they are neatly folded and sorted by color, but at least a third of my stash has been. While I was in the attic, I started organizing other stuff up there as well. I have the Christmas decorations organized (or half way) in one corner. At least they are all in that corner. There is a bunch of Christmas stuff down in my basement too which is all in one corner. That's a great accomplishment for me.
I didn't stop there! I started purging the attic of things that don't work and needed to be thrown away! I sort things into 3 piles, to keep, to throw away, and to donate. Now I have a little bit more walking space in the attic. Where did the trash bags go? I need to take these piles and bag them to send to their appropriate places.
Back to the sewing room I go!  This is very exciting. I can't wait to see the finished product. I want to make this room a functional space where I can be free to create in an inviting environment. Without clutter.  I will keep you posted on my progress as the weeks go by!

1 comment:

  1. This is exciting! I can't wait to see the before and after pics!! I'm so excited and it's not even my craft room :)
    What color have you chosen?
    diane :)

    ReplyDelete