Tuesday, January 11, 2011

A Peek Into 2011 Thusfar

So far 2011 is shaping up to be a pretty good year. I know it is only 11 days old, but I am off to a good start. My world at this moment is peaceful and productive.  I will savor each moment while it lasts. I have accomplished more in these 11 days than I have in a long time. Let me tell you what I have been up to!
 I am beginning again my quest to keep my "stuff" organized. I took a bit of time yesterday before the trash truck came to throw stuff away that  was not useful anymore or broken.

I haven't been quite as tired as I usually am. I have only been taking brief naps. That is giving me more time for my to do list. I better get as much done as I can now!

I have spent more quality time with Bill.  We both are so tired all the time we find ourselves on our rare evening off together sleeping in front of the TV. Last night was busy with taking Nathan to dance class while Molly and I went to a wake for a friend of the family.Bill and I did manage to have a nice dinner together and when I came home we sat together to review the day. That meant so much to me. I think sometimes we take each other for granted. This is an area I need to make a big effort in.

I am planning on reading the Bible through this year. This is the most important thing on my wish list. So far I have kept the commitment. Right now I am reading Luke, Psalms and Genesis. I have had the TV on a little less these 11 days and spending more time in reflection and meditation, focusing on Christ rather than me. Perhaps this is what is giving the motivation for all of the other stuff.  I want so much to continue on this path that I have set for this New Year. It really feels good. In the mean time, I will forge on to keep this momentum going for as long as possible. Keep posted!

No comments:

Post a Comment