Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Regrouping

 I am sitting here by  my living room window as I write this post shaking my head. It's snowing again!! How many storms has this been? We are going to get another 10 inches. I can't wait for the spring thaw! Better yet, I can't wait for summer. I am a little nervous because I have to get ready for work and I am never keen on driving in the snow.  Comes with the territory when  living in New England. When will i ever get used to it?

  January sure had been a busy month!  I would like to report that it also was a very productive one.First and foremost, I am keeping up with my daily Bible reading working my way through Genesis, Luke and Psalms.  I have missed a couple of days along the way, but have made up mu scheduled reading the next day by doubling up. This is really a good feeling. I don't want to miss a day!  This past weekend Molly and I went on a women's retreat organized by a good friend! We really enjoyed the time we got to spend with each other as well as a group of ladies we didn't know. I am so proud of myself for jumping out of my comfort zone and doing something totally unexpected for me. And in the process, I got to meet a wonderful group of ladies!  Molly and I have been able to spend a lot of quality time together lately. A couple of weekends ago we got to go to a scrapbook class and made a fabric journal. I am still perfecting mine hoping to put it all together soon. The other big thing that I was able to accomplish this month was a makeover of my sewing room. It looks great! Molly finished painting it for my birthday a couple of weeks ago, and I finally put the finishing touches on it . I am so excited. It looks beautiful!

 I did accomplish a lot of things this past month, but there is soooo much room for improvement. I had a lot of down time feeling tired and ended up sleeping days away. Every time I make progress, I end up taking a few steps back.But the great thing is that I have made progress.Here is the blueprint for this up coming month: 
1.  I would  like to continue to move forward and in these coming days focus on not only reading my Bible, but meditating on it so it is in my heart and not just my mind.
2.  Take time to send a handwritten note of appreciation to 10 people, and pray especially for them.
3.   Make a baby quilt by the end of February in time for a baby shower that I will be attending.
                                              That should be enough for now! ........... 

No comments:

Post a Comment