Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Back to Reality

      What a vacation! I am so sad it's over. It is amazing how much a little time away from "reality" can be so therapeutic.
      I love camping. This year was a little different. We actually spent quality time together. Bill didn't have to travel back and forth to work. That was special. We got to spend time at the pool, eat together without rushing off somewhere, and just plain relax! There is nothing like the smell of a campfire and toasting marshmallows! Bill bought a tent for Nathan so he could "rough it".He is so funny! He set up a TV so he could watch videos at night. He also brought the tower fan in to keep it cool. This he called his Molly's favorite part of camping was being poolside so she could tan. She used to love swimming and could never get enough of the pool, but this year, all she wanted to do was sun bathe. We spent an evening playing bingo but we didn't win anything.
      We arrived home on Sunday afternoon. It took me most of the afternoon to unpack the RV and do 4 loads of laundry. It's nice that the kids are older now, they can help with the unpacking. It makes it go that much faster.
      As much as I loved being away, it is always so good to be unpacked and able to sleep in my own bed. I feel very relaxed right now. My first day back to work was last evening, and things went very smoothly. I was pleasantly surprised.  I hope it can last a little longer..........

No comments:

Post a Comment