Friday, October 1, 2010

An Unexpected Hospital Visit

When I woke up yesterday morning, I assumed it would be an ordinary day with an equally ordinary agenda. But God had different plans for me. I received a frantic call from my husband mid morning who asked me to meet him at the hospital. My mother-in-law had suffered an apparent stroke..I rushed to the hospital. Her only symptom was wild involuntary movements of her left arm and leg. Luckily she had no bleed in her head according to the CT scan. We are now waiting for the MRI results. I am embarrassed to admit that I was briefly annoyed at the interruption of "my" own  little world and the fact that I will have to rearrange things a little to help out. God is trying to tell me how fragile life is and how I often take my life for granted. What I needed was a wake up call to my complacency   Nothing stays the same for very long.  I really am thankful for my life. Thank you God for reminding me that it's not all about me!

1 comment:

  1. I'm so sorry to hear about your mother-in-law Sandy!! How is she doing now?
    I think we can all feel that way a bit at the on-set to things before we know how serious it is.
    Life is fragile!
    Every day is a gift. It makes me think of the chorus, 'This is the day the Lord has made. Let us rejoice and be glad in it.'
    I'll be praying for your mother-in-law and your family!!
    hugs ~ diane

    ReplyDelete