Friday, September 10, 2010

19 years!

This past Tuesday Sept 7th, I celebrated my 19th wedding anniversary.  I can't believe it has been 19 years! In some ways, it feels like only yesterday when I looked him in the eye and professed my love for him and vowed to stick with him in good times and bad.. As with any relationship, there are so many ups and downs, sometimes the harder times seem to out weigh the good times but I wouldn't trade any of it! It is so true that difficult times bring a building of character. And to have someone to share my life with is an awesome gift.
We had a great day together.  We both work really hard, so finding time to spend together is challenging. Bill  made it home for lunch.  I made a delicious batch of meatballs (if i must say so myself) and we had meatball sliders. You would have thought that I had prepared a feast. I don't makeany claim to be a very good cook, but he enjoyed his lunch immensely. For dessert I made his favorite brownies. The fun didn't end at lunch. He spent the afternoon with me. For dinner we went out to our favorite Italian restaurant for a nice quiet meal. It was a time for reflection of our lives together thus far. We both agree that our love has deepened over the years. God has blessed us with so much. We have each other, our children, relatively good health and a long list of friends.I am looking forward to this next year and eagerly  anticipate what it will bring to us.

1 comment:

  1. Happy Anniversary!!!
    Loved this post! Love to hear when couples have been married a long time and are not just 'still together', but still in love!
    Wishing you both many many more happy years together! (and here's to having more happy times than hard)

    ReplyDelete