Friday, September 3, 2010

A New School Year! Arggghhhhh!!!!

Awww aren't they cute?!!!!

Boy this summer just flew by!  And what a summer it was!!!  I must say that it was one of the best I have had in a long time. I am so sad that it is over.  I treasure the time that I can spend with the kids, and it does seem more precious with each passing year. But now a new phase begins.
I can't believe that the kids started school yesterday. Once again they are in 2 different schools. Nathan is now in 7th grade and Molly is  a freshman in highschool! I can't even believe I am saying that. It really does seem like just yesterday we welcomed her into the world.  Even though they both have had several 1st days of school, I find myself having a breif moment of despair that they are growing up and they are not babies anymore.  I just can't get used to it. As it happens, I have to remember  to take a deep breath and move on. No easy task. It is so hard to begin the process of letting go. Even though I still have a number of years before they are adults, I feel there is an urgency when I think of them. I must spend all the time I can with them before they are not around as much. In any case I am so thankful for both of them. What a wonderful gift God has given to us!!

My high schooler!! She was so nervous to go to a bigger school. She was afraid of finding all her classes. But she did good!!

Nathan starting 7th grade. He was so nervous because they combined the 2 middle schools for 7th and 8th
graders. The economy has taken it's toll on the schools.

1 comment:

  1. My kids are 5 and 8 but I so get this post!!! It is so hard to accept our kids are growing up even though that's what our job is; to help them become the adult that God is calling them to be. But childhood is so precious and such a short time really.
    I too LOVED this summer!! Awesome memories with the kids! Better than anything money can buy!!

    ReplyDelete