Thursday, September 16, 2010

Owls Owls Owls

What's up with the owls? All of a sudden they are everywhere. I was looking through a craft catalog and I found pattern to make an owl quilt.


I look through a Pandora bracelet catalog and find an owl charm.

Pandora Silver Owl Bead
They have owl backpacks


The reason this has caught my attention, and why I even mention it is that I am trying to organize many years worth of pictures so that I can start scrapbooking again. Yes the procrastination extends to scrapbooking.  Awhile ago my mother had given me pictures of the family  and I am in the process of scanning the originals to keep them safe.  In the pile I came across a drawing of 2 owls that I had made for my grandmother dated 1970. That would make me 8 years old.
                                                            
My grandmother loved owls. She had owls everywhere in her house. The walls were covered with owl knick nacks.  There was even  an owl cookie jar in her kitchen. I never understood what the appeal was.  But now the memories that an owl evokes for me are priceless.  I can think about my grandmother  and her owl obsession and smile. I may even put that owl  charm on my birthday or Christmas wish list.

1 comment:

  1. Owls have been all the rage in paper crafting for a few years... Not really sure why?
    I'm sure if you're looking to scrapbook the picture you drew for your grandmother that you'd be able to find many papers/sticker, etc to embelish the pages!
    Whoot whoot! ;)

    ReplyDelete