Friday, November 12, 2010

I am Thankful Day 11 and 12

Busy day yesterday.  Before I knew it it was time for bed. Yesterday I went to the Veteran's Day Parade in our town, mainly because Molly marched with the High School band. She is in the color guard and she and the other girls did a great job.  I am not usually a parade person, but did enjoy this one. After the parade, there was a ceremony for veterans past and present. It reinforced with me the fact that freedom comes with a price. I am thankful for those who serve in the military who protect the freedom we have.


Today I am thankful for a pleasant surprise on my way to work this evening. I was already leaving later than I usually do, and started getting tense because Thursdays and Fridays are always busy traffic days. I am left frustrated as I stop and start in the traffic, hoping that I won't be late for work. Today started out like it usually does with a ridiculous backup on the highway, but then as I was nearing my exit, things started to clear. I was in shock, because the most congested areas of my commute were a breeze. I found myself relaxing the grip on the steering wheel and sailed on in to my destination. That makes it much less stressful as  I complete my evening of work!

No comments:

Post a Comment