Tuesday, November 9, 2010

I am Thankful Day 8

It is something that I have always thought about might happen someday but always took it for granted that it never would. Bill is self employed and does trespass towing and car repossessions. That being said, he has a potentially dangerous job when dealing  with angry people who have had their car taken away.  We always joke saying that he "steals cars" for a living. Sunday night, a man called him to find out about his car that was towed earlier that evening. He wasn't very pleasant on the phone. Bill usually has one of his drivers go to release the car from the tow lot, but no one was available at that time. So he had to go do it himself. What was funny was I almost asked to go with him so we could spend a little time together, but it was around midnight and I was already in bed so I didn't offer. About two hours later  he comes back to announce that he was beaten up by the cars owner who happened to be drunk. Apparently Bill was punched and grabbed by the throat and pushed against the side of the building. Luckily there was no lasting effects, but that made me feel sick inside. He has never been in a situation like that. And he has been in business for 30 years. I am so thankful today for our daily safety. As I say, I don't always think of how fortunate we are and  take it for granted that nothing will happen to us. God has blessed us with continued safety.

No comments:

Post a Comment