Tuesday, November 23, 2010

I am Thankful Day 23

I am thankful today for electricity. It allows us to do so many things, like use the computer, watch TV and have light in the darkness. But then at the same time it can be an interruption because some of those things can distract us from whats important. Last night a transformer blew in the town next to us and we felt the effects of it as well. All was darkness for about 45 minutes. To my son that 45 minutes was sheer agony because he was missing a Christmas movie he was watching. My daughter didn't seem to mind because she was doing her homework. My husband was a little perturbed because he was missing a TV show as well. It turned out though that we ended up in the same room with nothing to do but talk. I found it refreshing. No interruptions, just face to face contact. We had the flashlights out and enjoyed the time together without the benefit of entertainment. WE were our own entertainment. We laughed and joked and talked. I enjoyed that time. Before we knew it the lights came back on and everyone went their way again. I am thankful for electricity, but at the same time I am thankful that for a moment, my family was more important than the convenience that electricity brings.

1 comment:

  1. Yes, electricity is such a blessing!! But it's equally a blessing to do without it at times too.
    :)

    ReplyDelete