Sunday, November 14, 2010

I am Thankful Day 13 and 14

Saturday was not a very good day. This was my weekend to work, and the past couple of days have been very busy.  My patients are so sick and require a lot of care so it becomes very emotionally draining. Yesterday was especially draining. I was so happy to see the stroke of midnight come after a long shift that I was so thankful for my car ride home. I could feel the anxiety and stress of the day lift as I walked out of the hospital and in to my car.  I love that feeling!


Yesterday as I prepared to come in for my 3-12 shift, I was expecting to have another evening like yesterday. But I just stopped and gave myself a dope slap! Instead of the negative attitude, I took my anxiety to the Lord.  And it did help. I came in calm and have had an enjoyable night. Thank you Lord for listening to my prayers. I need to remember that I can come to you for anything and cast all my cares upon the Lord because He is always there and is always eager to listen.

No comments:

Post a Comment