Tuesday, November 9, 2010

I am Thankful Day 9

I say it everyday I have to work. I don't want to go to work tonight. Today was no exception. I am so busy from the time the kids get out of school till I have to leave for work around dinner time. I must say today I am thankful for my job. First of  all I am thankful that I do have a job in this economy. We can't get along only on one income.  I am also thankful for my job as a nurse. I used to be so upset and frustrated that I would have to still work after I had my kids. I always envied my stay at home mom friends. I felt they were better mothers than me. They wouldn't miss any of the firsts in their children's lives, be there to pick them up from school etc... while I always seemed to be at work. I thought I was ruining my children for life because I wasn't around. But over the years I began to realize that God doesn't waste any situation or opportunity and things really do happen for a reason.  God had intended all along for me to be a nurse and to be where I am at now, which is on a Bone Marrow Transplant unit. I have been here for many more years than I care to admit, and I know that there are times that I really make a difference for my patients. I don't consider myself indispensable, but I know this is what God wants for me. And when I  think about it, my kids are no less deprived than the kids that have mothers that are around 24/7. They are well adjusted and they know they are loved.  With my schedule working in the later evening I can do most things with them after school.  And am there for them to go to school in the morning. That's the great thing about a nurses schedule, it is  flexible (which is another thing I am thankful for.) 

No comments:

Post a Comment